A reflection on my own multimedia sources

Hello guys, today I will talk about my own experience as a teacher last week  related to the multimedia elements. From that day and on, there have been some students who ask me about the technological sources that I used in my lesson. If you want to get a clear idea on that, I suggest you to read this post and here you will get what you were asking for.  Maybe it is too late you might think to write about it as it has passed some days but I cannot forget that moment as it was too special for me.

My topic was in grammar and the first impression that you get when you have to explain grammar, or learn it is like ugh it will be very boring and too much information at the same time. As our subject is on how to apply multimedia technology in second language teaching, I will show you the way how I put this theory in practice. To be honest, it took me a while to think in details about that, but I think in the end it was worth the time. During the whole subject that we are still in process, we have learned how to use multimedia so as to make the lesson interesting and not boring to hear or watch. Lets waste no more time and get straight into the point.

First of all, I started my lesson by using the video Projector and with PowerPoint and I tried to make use of many features of interactive PowerPoint by applying many of them, but no need to mention them all as you were present there that day. Secondly, through the usage of another medium that is the blackboard and colorful chalks I made the rules more understandable and easy to find the differences. Over and above that, visual images were another element that made the topic appropriate for fifth grade students. Moreover, another medium that I applied was a video music made with Video-Maker  which was funny to watch and served as a summary of all the adjectives mentioned in the class. The last but not the least, I have also used another source that is Hot Potato. With Hot Potato I created two exercises the first was made with gap filling and the other was made with crossword. In my opinion, this app helps you a lot if you want to make your own exercises without taking them by someone else.

To conclude, all these media helped me with my first lesson, and as the weeks pass there are everyday new technological elements that we encounter by our friends' presentations, which can be used in our future classes or in other presentations. By posting our own technological sources we can help each other in getting a clear idea on what other ones to use, do not hesitate to do that.
Thank you for reading it, I hope it was useful. ;)

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed your teaching class as it was really interesting and as I told you the previous hour it was the most colorful project. Also the combination of both Powerpoint and blackboard made it more interactive. I'll keep in mind all these technological sources for my own presentation.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Arjeta, I am happy to see that my presentation helped you with some clear ides.

      Delete
  2. honestly,i enjoyed your presantation, it was one of the most colorful project in that class. i like the fact that you have highlihted some of the key points. i really want to use all of the multimedia resources just to make everything clear and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that you have underlined all the sources that you used during your project presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your presentation because I was all the time included in the activities.I really enjoyed that part hahaha. Just kidding.Actually, you have made use of those resources on your presentation.I am also a big fan of HotPotatoe and Interactive PowerPoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah yes it is the truth, we involved you a lot as you were always volunteer to take part in our lesson. thank you for you comment

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your presentation because it was very attractive . You used technology as a teacher very good . I was happy to be your student .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to have you as my student as well, I hope they will be as nice as you all.

      Delete
  6. I really liked your presentation.It was of the most interesting and also very colorful.I can surely say to you that if you were learning students of that age that you pretended us to be they would find it amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I try to do the best.

      Delete
  7. Unfortunately i missed your presentation but i m pretty sure that you did a good job.thanks for sharing all your experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would have liked you to be part of my class, but it is ok I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my post.

      Delete
  8. Since I was present during your presentation in class , I really didn''t have why to read your reflection , but I still did that.
    I enjoyed your post in the same way that I enjoyed your presentation in class and I have to say that all the media that you used during the presentation were all useful and most of all, using Interactive PowerPoint, not so much used today though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah Eva thank you a lot, I am happy to hear that you had some fun with me as a teacher.

      Delete
  9. I really enjoyed your presentation, because you and your friend included everything necessary there, and the combination with Interactive Powerpoint was great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fact that you have reflected on your own project is already good.
    The fact that I was also present during that presentation made me realize what kind of teachers I want to be around as colleagues.
    Good job 🤩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

multiple intelligences and multimedia

A Reflection on Webinars

A Reflection on Juniors conference