A reflection on Interactive PowerPoint

     
The passing weeks we have learned a lot about a new way that we can use on our presentations, which is called interactive PowerPoint. If we would focus on the name interactive we understand that it is a way to use PowerPoint in an interactive and attractive way. Actually I had seen before other students, or even I myself have used some of the features of interactive PowerPoint, but I had never seen before one presentation in which all its features were used. It was only the day of the lecture that we had to apply all its features in one specific presentation. To me it is much simple to talk about this method because I have used it in my presentation as well.
     I have used the interactive PowerPoint by implying in my presentation different features of PowerPoint. Firstly, I have applied action buttons that serve to move from one page to another, or other ones that might serve as a home or help button, which can send you at those slides you are interested on. I have used also texts, gifs, and photos as hyperlinks that serve to send you to another slide, which cannot be found if you do not click on it. Another element of this interactive way is to use different animations, different designs and fonts. By using them in your presentation they can make your presentation much more attractive and appealing to the eye. Games can be very exciting to the students so I have also included in my presentation one game with apples. In order to encourage students applauses added at your slides can be very helpful, if students hear applauses after every attempt that they make they will be more motivated. Today when I had my presentation on Degrees of Adjective I had the possibility as a “teacher” to use all the elements of this new method that we learned before.
     As future teachers we should bear in mind that using interactive method can be very helpful and it will help raise students’ motivation, as well as to make the lesson not boring at all. It can be used to encourage individual work or group work during the lesson. Through different games that can be used at PowerPoint students will get the opportunity to work with their other classmates and also to get engaged and involved.  I will definitely encourage the other teachers to be, and my future students to use interactive PowerPoint in their presentations. PowerPoint can be your assistant in your classes as it will make your topics less boring.
     To conclude, using PowerPoint in our lessons or presentations is very appealing, attractive and it helps to raise students’ interest and to engage them more during the lesson. I think that combining all these elements that were mentioned above can really help a lot future. To me it was a unique experience and I am sure that it will be very helpful in future. I cannot wait the moment that I am going to apply them with my future classes.

Comments

  1. Yeah,I also enjoyed talking about interactive PowerPoint.It's so good to read about the positive effects of interactive PowerPoint.Actually,I really enjoyed your post because you have provided a very good example by mentioning your today project.I still remember your project and the ways you have presented your topic because of using interactive PowerPoint.Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suela, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my interactive presentation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

multiple intelligences and multimedia

A Reflection on Webinars

A Reflection on Juniors conference